PRESIDENT: Ms. Samantha Benovitz (senior), A Cappella/Vibe
- *Must be a Senior — Helps Mr. Vu accomplish tasks to run the Choir Department smoothly, student representative of the CHS Choir Dept., publicizes the Choir Department around the school/community via word of mouth/social media, checks in with the Director in available times before/after school for potential administrative duties, oversees Social Chairs and Social Media Chair, assists the Vice President and Historians as needed.
- Key role: be able to set up sound system and mics for Vibe in ALL areas (Choir Room, Gym, Auditorium, etc.).
STUDENT DIRECTOR of Lyric: Samantha Raines (senior), A Cappella/Vibe
- Helps Mr. Vu in teaching and developing the culture of a specific Choir. The Student Director must have a very high level of musicianship, sight reading skill, and vocal technique to serve as a secondary director with Mr. Vu. He/she will maintain a good rapport with the singers in their Choir, and lead them well. Additional duties may be included.
- Key role: student director of a choral ensemble in the Centennial HS Choir Department.
VICE PRESIDENT: Ms. Niyoosha Talukder (junior), A Cappella/Vibe
- Helps Mr. Vu and President accomplish tasks to run the Choir Department smoothly, student representative of the CHS Choir Dept., publicizes the Choir Department around the school/community via word of mouth/social media, checks in with the Director in available times before/after school for potential administrative duties, assists the President and Historians as needed.
- Key role: keeper of the Choral Music Library – organizing and reshelving items into their appropriate place as needed/requested by Mr. Vu.
HISTORIANS: Dhvanee Shridhar (junior), A Cappella/Vibe and Simran Patel (sophomore), Bella Voce
- Responsible for taking pictures of ALL choirs, which means attending all choir functions.
- Key role: prepare a slide show for Choir Banquet showcasing all choirs at all events throughout the year. Due date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
SOCIAL CHAIRS: Esha Kanna (junior), A Cappella and Shreya Bariki (junior), A Cappella
- Responsible for BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS between choir members from all CHS Choirs; organizing and running social events with or without the Director.
- Key role: be a positive source of energy, fun, and connection between ALL members of the Department, especially those in different choirs.
SOCIAL MEDIA CHAIR: Chloe Young (senior), A Cappella/Vibe
- Responsible for publicizing the CHS Choral Department to our community in a very positive and forward light in regards to concert dates/times, events, pictures, etc.
- Key role: manage the social media platforms for the Centennial HS Choral Department by posting frequently.
SECTION LEADERS: Section Leaders (one per section per choir) will be determined by the Fall Concert based on in-class observations and visible leadership.
- Lead/teach their sections and peers in circle time to work through sight reading and repertoire; be extremely skilled in (or quickly developing) their singing technique, sight reading, and leadership skills; model exemplary rehearsal technique at all times; be prepared for class always; build a friendly and positive atmosphere within their sections; help any struggling fellow singer in their section; praise excellent singers in their section.